Saturday, April 5, 2008

Remake COM Reverse Rebirth Basement 6

Basement Six.

There's no real basement here, except for Vexen crawling up to "topside" from his dungeon. Huurrrr... "topside".

I like the way Axel handles Vexen, though. Just curt, no nonsense, and not intimidated by an "Elder" who considers him disrespectful. Not that I'd blame Vexen for feeling that way, but it's been made clear that he seldom got along with the "Neophytes".

As for the Replica, I thought it was Vexen who approached him. Blarg, I don't remember, but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that it turned out to be Larxene in the remake.

Maybe I'm seeing things here, but when Vexen is saying "it must be done", it looks like Axel is glaring holes in his back. I doubt he cares about the Replica either way, so I don't think that's it. I guess the "no love lost" is mutual. Well, duh, considering that HE DID kill Vexen and LIKED IT.

It's also interesting to note that when Larxene zaps Replica, Vexen looks at her, but Axel never even glances away. He doesn't even move. Then again, why would he want to look at Larxene?

She's still a Goddess though. Beautifully sadistic.

Poor Namine, she's so horrified, but completely helpless.

No comments: