Sunday, April 22, 2007

Axel/Roxas novel

Kh-2.net also got the translation for the Axel/Roxas novel in "Another Report". Honestly, I only skimmed over about less than half of chapter 4. I stopped reading then, and have little interest in reading the rest of it.

Unless the translation is off, the writing is just not to my taste, and I'll just leave it at that. If the writer is a manga writer, then I can see why it turned out the way it did. Still, it's not a story I could get really interested in.

That being said, all I could think of was "Geez, even with Roxas, Axel is a bit...well, blunt". Again, I'm understating here. He reminded me of a doting, but annoying at best father who speaks in a brusqe manner. Big brother also fits the bill. At worst, well, I'm not going to go there since Axel isn't that bad. Either way, I think most other people would chafe at Axel's behavior.

Whatever the case, it looks like those who viewed Axel/Roxas as "brothers" of sorts or purely platonic would be right. Good to know since that's how I kind of view it too. Sometimes I think of sex0r between them, but not often. It's just not the same as Axel/Demyx, and quite honestly, it's not as fun. I guess that's why I don't really awknowledge Axel/Roxas without Demyx being included in some way.

No comments: