Saturday, April 21, 2007

Reverse/Rebirth Battles

I'm still holding off commentary for the Reverse/Rebirth Scenes, not because of lack of translations, but because I have some other things to finish first. That didn't stop me from being curious about some of the boss battle videos, so I looked. Now, here is what I think.


Vexen Fight


Seems easier than the one with Sora. When Riku pummeled into Vexen, all I thought was "Jesus Christ." No surprise that he became Dark Form. Yea, Riku really is a better fighter than Sora. In fact, it beings back some bad memories from the first Kingdom Hearts (cry).


Riku Replica #1

Why didn't Sora have any card duels. I swear, that concept makes everything EASY in Chain of Memories. Riku is a DEMON! A DEMON, I SAY! Heee! One of the reasons why I liked him better than Sora. Heheeh.


Lexaeus Fight

Since when is Lexaeus a fire element? I didn't see a single earth attack come from him. He reminded me of the Baby Cart Ronin or Yojimbo. Those of you who've seen those old Samurai movies should know what I'm talking about. This battle was full of duels, and therefore not full of much tension.

Zexion

What a bizarre battle. That's all I can come up with.

I'll deal with the final two battles tomorrow.

No comments: