Friday, October 14, 2011

The Blahs

Something's missing with 358/2. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, but it doesn't seem to have the same kind of pull that the other Kingdom Hearts games have. I have yet to play Birth By Sleep, but I bet that one is much more "addictive" than 358/2. Chain of Memories still has it's charm though, but something seems kind of sparse and empty about 358/2. I guess this is what the series meant about "Nobodies". No Heart=hollow, empty, emotionless. Maybe the game is meant to reflect that.

Axel still has his spark though, but Demyx still seems rather distant, and Roxas is certainly powerful. I have yet to meet Xion.

Maybe it'll pick up when she becomes a bigger part of the story.

Not giving up though. I know something's there because it's clear that 358/2 is like Legend of Legaia or Tales of the Abyss in that it takes a bit to "pick up." Just that for some people, it never did. I doubt I'd be one of those people though.

No comments: