Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Look at all these rumors!

On the bigger Kingdom Hearts sites, there's been talk of an anime. Honestly, if it's true, then I'm not surprised. They have novels, manga, OSTs, new games, and who knows what else? They have a Star Ocean, and I'm sure they have one for Final Fantasy too(something about Crystals), so why not Kingdom Hearts? Now, the Star Ocean anime follows the game, but with details that the Video Game version couldn't/wouldn't provide, while the Final Fantasy one is separate from the rest of the Final Fantasies. How would Kingdom Hearts be handled? The Novels tend to follow the game, but the Mangas are generally completely different versions. I say that if there IS an anime, then it would probably follow the novels, but who knows? No one knows for sure if there's even an anime, much less how it would be handled.

A movie might not be too far behind either, but I personally have heard nothing about that and if there happens to be one, then that wouldn't surprise me either.

Would I watch/purchase/rent a Kingdom Hearts anime? Renting would be likely, but not much else. As for the rest of the fandom? Quite a few of them would be on it like a fly on shit, I'm sure.

Kingdom Hearts is one of those series games that can be stretched pretty far. Final Fantasy, ESPECIALLY seven, sure has been.

No comments: