Friday, April 6, 2007

THIS! IS! Oh wait...wrong title.

Twilight Town

1. So Vexen is the one who coins the term "Chain of Memories". Good for him. It can't be just me, but Vexen exudes a certain slimeyness.

2. I'm going to assume that Sora's memories of the mansion are actually Roxas's, yes?

3. WHAT!!?!??!?! That's it? Are you kidding me? I can't even do my graphics now because the scene wasn't intense enough! Either that, or I'd have to use different shots of something. BAH! While the immolation was nice, it lacked the sheer "THIS! IS! SPARTA!" Intensity that the GBA version had. Where is the "Now you can be nothing"? Where is the "Now you can say that I don't respect my elders?!" Where is the insane Axel that scared the hell out of me? Don't get me wrong, the close up of Axel's lovely, subtly sadistic mouth and his nice, gloved hand are good touches, but that's not enough. It's like Axel is mostly a limpdick in this remake scene.

FTR, the graphic was supposed start with a shot of Vexen saying, "This is madness", and then Axel saying, "Madness? This! IS! SPARTA!" AND WHOOSH! Actually, it could be doable, after all. The Vexen shots and the shot of Axel's mouth should be easy, but I'll need a different shot of Axel for "THIS! IS! SPARTA!" Hmm...not as much of a problem as I thought, but I'll need to look more for the different Axel shot. I said I'll get it done, so I might as well. Expect it tomorrow. Yes, I do mean that.

4. Oh, the YouTube. Good grief. "Axel is this, Axel is that." Oh, and the icing on the cake, "Vexen begged for mercy, and Axel was MEEEEAN!!!" Yea, because Vexen is kind and friendly. I just can't believe that there's such a wellspring of sympathy for Vexen. Let the Axel backlash begin.

5. Look, I believe people when they say that much of Axel's actions in COM were to protect Roxas, but I don't think that was his sole reason for killing Vexen. It's kind of a fell swoop, so to speak. Get on Marluxia's good side, Shut Vexen up because Vexen was revealing the plans about Sora's memories to use him as a pawn, avenge Roxas(I always that it was avenging him as opposed to "protecting him". I like the avenging part better. Sounds more Axel-like as Roxas doesn't need ANYONE'S protection), and for personal reasons because Axel and Vexen clearly didn't care for each other anyway.

Here is the Vexen second battle.

And this one is another good one. I swear, the Vexen battles are the best so far. He has beautiful, eye-widening attacks.

Moving right along. Floor 12

1. I will never understand why Larxene would question Axel's ability. There is no questioning what Axel is capable of.



Here Axel demonstrated great self-control because I KNOW he wants to backhand her badly, but he is far from stupid, so he will not.

2. Hmmm...Axel. The way he looked at Namine. "Mmmm...lunch". I always believed that he only saw her as a means to an end. Not that he ever meant her any harm. Still, he didn't care about her the way that Riku cared about Kairi. Oh well...

3. The fact that Sora is very impulsive is one of his greatest flaws. His friends are telling him to think things through and it just pisses him off. No one likes to be proven wrong, but Donald and Goofy are right. Sora really should have thought about it.

4. Hmmm...Axel was much harsher in the GBA version. Right, sure, but very well, MEAN. In this one, it seems that Nomura wants Axel to be more sympathetic and "muted", so to speak. Waa...I liked the harsher, more animated Axel better.



"Awww...I feel like I have a Heart. Oh, wait, that's gas. I need to lay off the burritos."


Destiny Islands is next. Yay.

No comments: