Saturday, March 31, 2007

Floor Seven

In case you missed it, here's floor seven from the usual spot.

1. In the earlier scenes, Larxene reminded me a little of Gollum, but obviously, she's nothing like him. She's much worse. In fact, she is cruel as I've always imagined her to be. She puts Axel to shame in that department, that's for sure. Can't say I blame Sora for hating her.

Especially with a fight like this! Yikes! She's certainly not an easy one, that's for sure. Her style kind of reminds me of Saix at the end. Both of them just go all out at the end. As usual, the spells are very nice and flashy. Huuur Larxene is flashy! Can't imagine why.


2. It's about as plain as day that Axel hated her too.



I know he'd just love to stab her in the back. Oh wait...

Despite the blurriness, I think it's also obvious that he's glaring holes into her. This is where Vexen comes in too. It's interesting to see how Axel is somewhat respectful. I mean, moreso than I thought he would be. In the GBA version, he seemed less so, and much harsher than in the PS2 version. Don't get me wrong, Axel IS harsh, it's just that he seems less so in the PS2 version. Looks like this is the Axel that Nomura/KH staff wanted to show all along. Still a badass, but this version shows how smoldering Axel can be and how fire itself is actually a very controlled element. More on that later once I start running my mouth about elements in other posts.

As for Vexen, he's like a cariacture of Josef Mengele . Yikes. Every bit as malicious as I thought he would be, but he doesn't seem as cold as I thought. Still, he's one of the nastier ones in the Organization. Don't care for him much, but he does have fans. I'm just not one of them.

No comments: