Friday, April 15, 2011

Dissidia and The Top Five things I could do without in Kingdom Hearts

I've been playing Final Fantasy: Dissidia lately, and I still sometimes wish for a Kingdom Hearts one.

Axel vs. Roxas all over again. Or, Axel vs. Riku, Sora, Kairi, whatever. Xigbar vs. Whoever.

I personally would keep the Disney characters, but use original story lines rather than rehashed Disney stories.

This leads to a TOP FIVE that has been sitting on the "To Do" list for AGES!

THE TOP FIVE THINGS I COULD DO WITHOUT IN KINGDOM HEARTS!

Five: That Gummi Ship.

This isn't true in Kingdom Hearts 2, but it's true in the first one. One of the things I dreaded MOST in Kingdom Hearts was riding the Gummi Ship. Awkward, hard to control, and space invaders without the charm. No fun. Did not want.


Four: Rehashed Disney story lines

I wasn't bothered by the Disney characters, but one of the faults in Kingdom Hearts 2 was that it seemed like the worlds were thinly veiled advertisements for the movies. Mulan, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Aladdin was especially guilty of this. It did somewhat happen in the first one, but not quite on the same scale as Kingdom Hearts 2. Maybe because the first one were classics that a younger crowd might have forgotten? Or maybe, it happened to have a more original set of story lines? Hmmm...

Anyway, the second one just felt less original, and that's one of the flaws in Kingdom Hearts 2. At least Tron felt original. One of the reasons why I LOVED that level.


THREE: Damned cards in Chain of Memories

Want to know why I bitch so much about Vexen and the bosses? Because part of what makes them insanely difficult is the CARD SYSTEM. Sure, it's creative, but the bosses ALWAYS had better cards, higher numbers, and more zero cards. No matter how much I ground levels/cards, the bosses ALWAYS had more. I LIKE challenge! I honestly do! However, there's challenging and then there's put the Shin Megami Tensei series to shame. Harder than hard indeed.


TWO: Keyblades, Keyblades EVERYWHERE! Like assholes, EVERYONE HAS ONE.

In the first Kingdom Hearts, only Sora had a Keyblade. I was under the impression that it was a unique weapon for a certain kind of warrior. In Kingdom Hearts 2? THE WORLD has one. I'm sure Birth By Sleep is like this too. Oh, 358/2 certainly is. Am I missing something here? Why does every major player on the good side HAVE ONE? It's not the end of the world, but I don't think it was meant to be all that common.


ONE: The Power of THREE is getting OLD FOR ME!!

Sora, Riku, Kairi
Roxas, Namine, Axel
Roxas, Xion, Axel
Terra, Aqua, Ventus
Zexion, Vexen, Lexaeus
Marluxia, Larxene, Axel
Axel, Demyx, Roxas(Just kidding)

The ironic thing is that I do love threesomes as it's a decent balance between too many people and too few, but the Kingdom Hearts series seems almost obsessed with it. Next thing you know, the Charmed sisters will be joining the series!

And, that'll do for now!

No comments: