Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Top Five "Lame Ducks" in Kingdom Hearts(both 1 and 2)

A "Lame Duck" is a game term that pretty much means that the battle proved to be a whole lot easier than you thought it would be. It usually applies to Final Battles, but not always. The Original Kingdom Hearts only had one, so I decided to go with one and two. Yea, KH2 had quite a few more lame ducks, but to be honest, not that many. Anyway, here are my Top Five Lame Ducks(Chain of Memories doesn't count since I have yet to play it and Remix doesn't count either):

Five:

Axel

Yea, I know I should be fair given that the first Axel fight is so early in the game, but I really expected him to be Hell on Earth no matter when he's encountered. In this battle, he wasn't. However, just from fighting this battle, it's pretty obvious that he CAN fight, and I seriously doubt he'd be a lame duck in Chain of Memories. If it's any consolation, the second fight with Roxas was NO Lame Duck.

Four:

SteamBoat Pete 2

For someone who is Maleficent's right hand man, you'd think he'd be much harder, but no. Still, his battles were fun, and the only ones in black/white. I also think it's interesting to note that he's a giant cat and is a river person. I thought cats hated water. Guess he was the exception.

Three:

Ansem(all of it)

Since Youtube users divided the videos, I decided not to bother with linking all the vids here. It's an unforgettable battle anyway, so it's not like no one has an idea of what I'm talking about. Anyway, I will say that Ansem's fights were among the most exciting in ALL of Kingdom Hearts, and actually, in all of my gaming history. However, I beat it all ON ONE SHOT. Doesn't that kind of tell you something? And it's not like I'm a powergamer either. I usually have a lot of difficulty with "Bosses" because I'm almost always underleveled. Heh.

Two:

Saix

Yes, Saix. I know that some people had a hard time with him, but I wasn't one of them. If I had any difficulty, it was only because Sora would turn into Anti-Sora if I ever tried to use a "form". Bah. Beyond that? One of the easiest bosses ever. Intense sure, but he he turned out to be a whole lot of nothing, kind of like the number one.

One:

Xemnas


Epic battle, wonderful Riku, intense as hell, loooooong, but ultimately easy. The only time I had any trouble was when you had to control Riku. In fact, I actually lost at that point. Still, the reason why he's number one is because he proved much easier than he should have been, especially in the first part. It just went too well for it to be anything but a "Lame Duck". A damn good looking duck, but lame anyway. In fact, I think the game creators claimed that in the Remix 2 they would make him more difficult because the fans were saying that he was too easy. I don't think anyone has ever claimed that Xemnas was hard. Bet he was hard in the first Remix. Heh.

No comments: