Wednesday, March 28, 2007

For some people, KH2: Final Mix came out today!

Or at least what should now be the 29th in Japan. All I know is that some people got the game early and some of those people are from KH-VIDS.NET . Obviously, they're not the only ones, but Youtube.com did not fail them, so here are my impressions of the COM remake(I've only seen COM on Youtube and it was called "Skies of Memories"):

1. The first video is nothing more than a rehash of "what has gone before". Some of the scenes kind of threw me off(like the lightning scene). I'm going to assume that those are from the first Final Mix. Then again, I could have swown I saw Beast sitting somewhere in Hollow Bastion(unless, my eyes are failing me). Don't know what's going on there, but the rest of it is a reminder of how sweet the Sora/Kairi scenes often are(AND YES THEY ARE GRRRR!), how psychotic Riku tends to look, even when he's doing something good, and how Heartless Ansem looked hot as he vaporized from the wellspring of light. Yes. The music was pretty good too. "Passion", yes? It's a good remix. The original song itself is okay too. I'm not going to share that particular video here because I honestly don't see the point since it's an intro.

2. Here's the second video. And, of course, it's in Japanese. Bah. That shouldn't stop me though, even if I don't speak Japanese. Unless there've been dialogue/story changes I don't know about, then what's being said shouldn't be much different than the GBA version. Not that I'd be surprised if there were. Heh.

Honestly, they should have made this for the PS2 to begin with. There's nothing like watching Donald show horror at his powers failing him, and there's nothing like the nice sound of boots against a white, polished floor. Ah, Marluxia, those petals suit you nicely, but what was up with going through Sora? WTF? The voice is deeper than I thought it would be, but it's not bad. None of the Japanese voices so far are too bad.




HEEE! Sora always did have the prettiest blue eyes. I liked this picture though. So cute to see Jiminy Cricket on Sora's shoulder.




"Just passing through. HUUUR!"

Anyway, that was just Marluxia going though Sora's memories to make some cards for him, because that's how you fight in Castle Oblivion. Yay.

3. This is the third video. This one features Axel. "Yo"? "YO"? Oh. My. God. So, he really says something like this? The script says "BOO!" I liked that better. He's as loud as I suspected he is, and yikes, he's never been one to mess around. The battle in this video was skipped, but don't worry, it's around. I think Axel in this remake has a different "prescence" than in in the GBA version. In the latter version, he seemed much harsher and far more cruel. More serious too. In the remake, I can see where "lighthearted" comes from. Don't get me wrong, I've always seen Axel as someone who is "mischevious", but never "lighthearted". Even now, I don't see him being light and fluffy. Save that for Demyx. It's just in the remake, while he's still a bit, er, well dreaded, so to speak, he's not as scary as I think he is. At least not when calm. I can see where people get the "sinister" vibe from because Axel certainly is that.



"I AM AXEL AND I RULE ALL!!!!"


Oh, and did I mention that he's loud? Even when "quiet and sinister", he could blow up at any time.

He sure did in the battle, that's for sure. And no, I'm not fooled by the supposed ease of the battle. That being said, the fire spells are beautiful.





And, so is Axel. The screen captures could be better, I'm sure, but I'm using the kh-vids.net videos to nab them, and while the videos themselves are of excellent quality, using "print screen" with a Youtube video isn't. It's all good, though. I like the fact that kh-vids is willing to show all this so soon, so kudos to them!

As for the entire battle, it's interesting to see that Axel doesn't say anything. I guess he had nothing to say, for once. Refreshing for some, I'm sure.

That'll do for now. So far, so good, I'd say.


No comments: